Who we are
In 1996 ten Municipalities from the region sought opportunities to unite their efforts in solving common problems. Consequently in 1997 the Regional Municipalities Association “Maritza” was founded. Kardzhali Municipality joined the Association in 2000.
RMA “Maritza” to become a center for innovations and development of the region through uniting the efforts and the potential of all key figures on local and regional level.
To support the local government activity and to work for creation of decentralized, competent and strong local government, disposing of real mechanisms to improve the life standard, the infrastructure and the services in the Municipalities.
Strategic goals of RMA “Maritza”
- To raise the knowledge and the qualification of the municipal officials, specialists and Councilors;
- To optimize the legislation, regulating the local government;
- To participate effectively and actively in the process of decentralization in Bulgaria;
- To increase the public participation in local government;
- To develop the partnership network in the country and abroad;
- To help the efforts of the local authorities to develop the cultural wealth and to regenerate the cultural traditions in the region;
- To improve the business environment in the region and to create sustainable public-private partnerships;
- To develop the infrastructure and the tourist potential of the municipalities-members.
- Dimitrovgrad Municipality
- Ivajlovgrad Municipality
- Ljubimetz Municipality
- Madjarovo Municipality
- Mineralni bani Municipality
- Simeonovgrad Municipality
- Svilengrad Municipality
- Stambolovo Municipality
- Harmanli Municipality
- Haskovo Municipality
Who can become a member of RMA “Maritza”?
Regular membership- any Municipality and legal entity accepting RMA “Maritza” Charter, purposes and tasks is eligible to become a Regular member of the Association.
Associate membership- Prominent specialists, social figures, scientists and entrepreneurs who support the basic goals of the Association and would like to work for their accomplishment could be Associated members of the Association.
How you can become a member
To become a member of RMA “Maritza” you have to present a written application to the Chairman of the Board of managers. The municipalities must enclose an adequate decision of the Municipal Council for membership in the Association. The membership arises when the representative of the Municipality or the person signs a Declaration for Association Charter acceptance.