NEWS AND PROGRESS
on the project “The citizens and the local authorities – partners creating open and responsible governance”, Administrative contract № BG05SFOP001-2.009-0005-C01 / 28.12.2018 for the provision of a subsidy that constitutes minimum aid in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1407/20131 under the Operational Program “Good Governance” under Procedure BG05SFOP001-2.009 for the award of grants through selection “Increasing citizen participation in the processes of formulation, implementation and monitoring of policies and legislation”
– December 2018: On 28.12.2018 Regional Municipalities Association Maritza signed a contract with the Managing Authority of the Operational Program “Good Governance” (OPGG) for the implementation of the project “The citizens and the local authorities – partners creating open and responsible governance” with Administrative contract № BG05SFOP001-2.009-0005-C01/28.12.2018 under Priority Axis 2 “Effective and professional management in partnership with civil society and business”. The project is implemented with the financial support of OPGG financed by the European Union through the European Social Fund. The main objectives of the project are open and responsible management through improved civic participation in the processes of formulation, implementation and monitoring of local government policies and legislation, through executing civil monitoring and making recommendations related to local government to improve service delivery processes and better regulatory environment.
The main activities to be implemented within the project are:
Action 1: Analysis of legal regulations in Bulgaria related to citizen participation in local government
Activity 2: Study: Forms of citizen participation in Haskovo District for the last 5 years and the role of the administration in their implementation
Action 3: Development of mechanisms for improving the environment for civic participation in local government related to: 1. Operation of consultative structures for participation of citizens and NGOs in the decision-making process in local government; 2. Participation of citizens and NGOs in the process of developing strategic documents
Activity 4: Training of staff related to improving civic participation in the process of formulating, implementing and monitoring local policies in Haskovo
Action 5: Information campaign to raise public awareness and promote civic participation in local policy formulation, implementation and monitoring
Action 6: Organization of a two-day conference on “Citizen participation in local government”
The project duration is six months and will complete on June 28, 2019.
The total project costs are 89,618.40 leva. The subsidy is granted to RMA “Maritza” in the following ratio: 85% of the European Social Fund and 15% of the national co-financing.
– January 2019 – Launching development of tender procedures.
– January 2019 – A project poster is developed. The poster is placed at the entrance of the office of RMA “Maritza”, located in the building of the Business Incubator, 6310 Klokotnitsa, Haskovo municipality.
– January 2019 – On January 18, 2019, the project team took part in the Introductory training on the implementation and reporting of projects under Procedure BG05SFOP001-2.009: “Enhancing civil participation in the processes of policy making, implementation and monitoring” under the Operational Program “Good Governance”.
– February 2019 – In the period 25-26 February 2019 the project was held “Staff training related to improving citizen participation in the processes of formulation, implementation and monitoring of policies at local level in the region of Haskovo.” For the purpose of the training, an external contractor developed and presented training materials on the following topics:
1. Civil Participation Toolkit in Policy Making, Implementation and Monitoring (Module 1);
2. Methods to promote civic participation in local policy formulation, implementation and monitoring processes (Module 2);
3. Practical Guidance on Delivering Advocacy Actions and Campaigns to Protect Publicly Important Causes (Module 3).
– April 2019 – Implementation of Study: Forms of citizen participation in Haskovo District for the last 5 years and the role of the administration in their implementation. You can find a link to the questionnaire HERE (the questionnaire is archived)
– April 2019:
DEVELOPMENT OF MECHANISMS FOR IMPROVING THE ENVIRONMENT FOR CIVIC PARTICIPATION IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT RELATED TO: 1. OPERATION OF CONSULTATIVE STRUCTURES FOR PARTICIPATION OF CITIZENS AND NGOS IN THE DECISION-MAKING PROCESS IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT; 2. PARTICIPATION OF CITIZENS AND NGOS IN THE PROCESS OF DEVELOPING STRATEGIC DOCUMENTS
– May 2019:
– June 2019:
– 5 EMISSIONS IN ETV OF VIDEO PROMOTING MECHANISMS FOR DIRECT PARTICIPATION OF CITIZENS IN LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT.
– August 2019:
– Recommendations made in the framework of the implementation of the project in relation to the submission of proposals in relation to Chapter Eight, Section II of the Administrative Procedure Code
Last updated: 13.08.2019
The Project “The citizens and the local authorities – partners creating open and responsible governance”, № BG05SFOP001-2.009-0005 is implemented with the financial support of Operational Program “Good governance”, co-funded by the European Union through the European Social Fund.